The Sipping Duck

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

panglao & magic

i'm going to panglao, bohol tomorrow for a much wanted, and yes, needed, vacay. Yey!

but i am sick.
my insides are all mushy, my muscles are screaming in agony, my head is splitting into a million pieces and i have the runs.

but nothing is going to stop me from leaving for bohol tomorrow. not even a fever, if i can help it. i've been waiting for this trip to happen so nothing, as far as i'm concerned, can fuck it up. besides, it's a trip i'll be having with my kids, my brother and sister-in-law. my kids haven't traveled much, so any place out of town with them is something i look forward to. also, it's been a while since i've been on a trip with my brother and i'm glad i've gotten along so well with his wife so that's another reason to be all excited and happy. on saturday, the love of my life will be joining us. we're all kinda pissed that he couldn't be with us from day 1 but that's the way the office cookie crumbles so we're just glad (especially me) that he's still going to make the effort to catch up.

~

Magic. not the tricks, the cards. Yup. Magic playing cards. just last week, i learned how to play them. the first time i heard about them was from my brother, about a gazillion years ago. and because it was my brother talking about it, i decided right then and there that it was a waste of time and money. two weekends ago, boyfriend and i was in the mall just looking around when he casually asked if i wanted to play Magic. i said ok. i don't know what came over me when i said it but i said it. he looked at me and asked if i was sure. i said yes. again, i don't know why i said yes but i said it. so, with boyfriend smiling like a five year old in a candy store he chose and bought a starter deck consisting of 60 cards (30 for each player). he started to teach me the basics and i started to like the illustrations on the cards. last week, we were in a hobby store, again just looking around, when i said i wished we'd brought along the magic cards so we could play. boyfriend's face lit up and he said we could buy a master box set (or something that sounds like that). i gave him a big smile and said ok. just this weekend, he bought a box of booster packs (1 box contains 36 booster packs) which we divided between us.

i have to admit i'm starting to like the game and not just the illustration on the cards. plus, it's another thing boyfriend and i can share and enjoy together. it's especially fun when i beat him :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home