The Sipping Duck

Saturday, April 22, 2006

The Asshole

TSD Recommends:
Chips Delight’s Coffee Cookie with Caramel Chips

This is ssssoooo delicious! Just the right amount of coffiness with every bite and the caramel chips give it a hint of sweetness. Plus, it’s affordable! I’m hoping the manufacturer keeps it on stock at supermarket shelves for a long time 

I finally got my appointment as Assistant Division Chief – a position sought after by so many people in the entire agency – and after submitting my requirements, I was finally able to assume office. Happy? Not quite. I have this Asshole running after my position ever since he found out I ranked first in all the qualifications. He applied for the same position and he’s been saying that he deserves it more than I do. When he found out that our Personnel Department was going to recommend me to be appointed to the post, Asshole filed a protest with the Personnel Department. That didn’t work for him. When the Board unanimously approved the Personnel Department’s recommendation and my appointment was sent to the Civil Service Commission (CSC), I thought that he would finally concede. I was wrong! As soon as I got a copy of my CSC approved appointment, Asshole filed a complaint with the CSC on the grounds that I could not be appointed to the position of Assistant Division Chief (ADC) because the position I previously held was that of Casual. I couldn’t help but scream! The guy was purposely leaving out other, more pertinent facts. While it is true that I was a Casual, it’s also a fact that when I applied for the position of ADC, I was an Executive Assistant at a Commissioner’s Office. When the Commissioner abruptly left, I decided to take on any available position. To me, what was important was that I would still have a job to pay my bills. Besides, I had other qualifications to back me up. I finished college, passed the Civil Service eligibility, took the necessary training, had the required supervisory hours and was only a few units shy of a Master’s Degree. According to him, he deserves the position more than I do because he has been with the agency longer than I have and - this he says is the most important qualification - he’s a law graduate. Duh, a law degree doesn’t make u a god. In the meantime, he can poop in his pants because I have the position. Hahaha!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home